Friday, September 5, 2008

Forget what's between your legs, it just doesn't matter anymore

According to N.O.W., all women must think alike:

A spokeswoman for the National Organization for Women, noting Palin’s opposition
to abortion rights and support of other parts of the social conservative agenda,
told Politico, “She's more a conservative man than she is a woman on women's
issues. Very disappointing."

First, I am so sick of this "women's issues" crap. Just say abortion and get it done with. Don't act like your vagina gives you some special monopoly on certain issues.

Second of all, does this person really think that being a woman means that you must agree with everything that she says? Wasn't the point of feminism originally to allow women to have choices and opportunity? Now, it's just "do what I say, think how I think, or you're not really one of us."

Fortunately, I think that most women who would dare to go against the NOW ideology are tough enough that this sort of insult is just silly and pitiful. Things like this really say a lot more about the speaker than they do about Sarah Palin. But it's still sad.

You know, back when I was a kid, I used to always think that I was going to grow up to be a feminist and join NOW. I just thought that that was the coolest thing ever- fight sexism! Yeah! Girls rule! Then I grew the hell up. Then I realized that feminists are generally nothing more than sad, pathetic people who are threatened by independent thought. The National Organization for Women has nothing whatsoever to do with women, it is only about liberalism.

No comments: