Friday, September 5, 2008

Obama Agrees that the Surge Has Done A Lot of Good

This is really a good thing. As I've said before, I really want Obama to make good decisions. At least he has opened his eyes to the reality on the ground. Of course, as Instapundit points out:

“I think that the surge has succeeded in ways that nobody anticipated,” Obama
said while refusing to retract his initial opposition to the surge. “I’ve
already said it’s succeeded beyond our wildest dreams.”

Actually, I think it succeeded in ways that John McCain anticipated. And General Petraeus, who was mocked by Obama-supporting MoveOn as "General Betrayus."


Ironically, when thing began, I was in full support of whoever won the GOP ticket (well, except Ron Paul) almost entirely because of how important I felt that completing the war was to this country, and how dangerous and dumb it would be to pull out. Now, it is looking more and more like it won't matter one bit on that front who wins this thing.

No comments: