Sunday, January 4, 2009

Huffington Post: {Man-made climate change] is the biggest whopper ever sold to the public in the history of humankind.

Yes, you read that right. The Huffington Post has published an article not only questioning, but outright denying man-made global warming. The Huffington Post! I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't read it with my own eyes!

You are probably wondering whether President-elect Obama owes the world an
apology for his actions regarding global warming. The answer is, not yet.
There is one person, however, who does. You have probably guessed his name:
Al Gore. Mr. Gore has stated, regarding climate change, that "the science is
in."

Well, he is absolutely right about that, except for one tiny thing. It
is the biggest whopper ever sold to the public in the history of
humankind.


So, kudos to you, Ariana, and the rest of the HuffPo staff. I've never thought of HP as the type of place that did much to encourage alternative points of view, so I'm glad to either 1) be proven wrong, or 2) see a change in direction. I certainly hope that other politically inclined blogs, particularly the major ones like HP, will follow suit.

Of course, on the other hand, maybe my optimism is misplaced. Roger Simon, more cynically, but perhaps more realistically, says:

Why now, you ask? Because “These late eclipses of the sun and moon portend
no good to us,” as My Lord
Gloucester
opined?

Well, close. Perhaps it’s because with the economy in the tank, there is
little My Lord Obama can do about anthropogenic global warming, so it is best
left off the table or hastened off the scene. If the Lord of Gore is
slighted in the process, so be it. He’s last year’s news. And, as we
all know, his movie sucked anyway.

Take a closer look at the last 2 paragraphs of the HuffPo piece (before the P.S.):

Again, Mr. Gore, I accept your apology.

And, Mr. Obama, though I voted for you for a thousand times a thousand
reasons, I hope never to need one from you.


Principled statement of one's opinion of the science, or permission to President Obama to change course without argument from the left? You be the judge.

No comments: